We all read how professionals and businesses whether they are small or large should be on social media to network, share content, for brand development, and attracting customers and clients. You may already have profiles on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to name a few.
However, have you stopped to think whether your profiles have been optimised on social media correctly and not missing critical information about you or your business? As we all lead busy lifestyles, you may have just quickly created your account and updated the basic information. You wouldn’t be the first nor the last to do so!
Set aside some time to review each of your profiles by following these easy steps. If you are just getting ready to create your first profile these steps will also guide you.
Optimising your LinkedIn Profile
- Upload your profile photo. Please only use a headshot of yourself. The image must be 500 x 500 pixels
- Upload a cover image. Recommended size is 1400 x 425 pixels. Rotate your cover image to promote marketing campaigns or new products/services
- Complete your first name and last name. There are 60 characters available for you to use
- Ensure your professional headline is completed. 120-character limit
- Fill out your summary details and ensure to use your keywords throughout your Page to target your ideal audience
- Make sure your profile is accurate and always kept up-to-date
- Create your custom URL for your public profile
Optimising your Twitter Profile
- Upload your profile photo. The recommended dimensions are 400 x 400 pixels
- Upload a header photo. The recommended dimensions are 1500 x 500 pixels
- Complete the name section
- Complete your bio. The maximum characters available are 160
- Include your website details
- Pin important Tweets to the top of your page
Optimising your Facebook Profile
- Upload a cover photo. It is recommended if you include text that it is light on text, is bright, vivid and of a high resolution. The recommended dimensions are 851 x 315 pixels
- Include a profile photo reflecting your branding. The recommended dimensions are 180 x 180 pixels
- Complete your bio including important information regarding your business and 5-10 keywords for SEO. 140-characters available
- Include your company website
- Add your telephone number, hours of operation, and website details
- Set your vanity URL
- Pin your most popular post to the top of your page
Optimising your Instagram Profile
- Profile photo should be either your company logo or your profile photo you use on other social media platforms. The recommended dimensions are 110 x 110 pixels
- Your username should match your other branded social media profiles, this makes it easier for people to search for you.
- Account set to public, not private
- Complete your bio. 150-characters available
- Add a link to your website, this can be a specific link to a page on your site
Tip – keep your branding and message consistent across all social media platforms you use, this will help potential clients or customers identify you easily.
Download your FREE Ultimate Cheatsheet